Hey there I'm Mike Egan, I'm a 3D Level Designer and Scripter! I also have experience programming gameplay mechanics and systems in small Unity team projects.
In October 2015 my level pd_Watergate was released officially into Team Fortress 2. I also graduated from Niagara College's Game Development program in April 2017, after finishing working with 7 others on a small game project named D.I.B.S.
My favourite style of design is trying to think outside of the box while using a variety of interesting perspectives to develop new yet familiar gameplay experiences.
At this point in my gaming career I have at least a decent grip on what sorts of gameplay styles I enjoy most, and through help of level playtesting at TF2Maps.net - having hosted over 1000 level playtests, and participated in many more - and having gone through college working in small design teams, I've learned how to accomplish these styles smoothly.
My favorite style of gameplay is hectic, intense, impromptu, on-the-fly tactics. Going into scenarios with a grasp of the rules of the world but then something unexpected (potentially scary) happens and you have to work your way around it. If this is with other players in local multiplayer (or at least just online multiplayer) then it's even better.
My favorite games:
- Open World Game: Grand Theft Auto III, Just Cause 2, Far Cry 3
- Stealth-Based Game: Deus Ex, Dishonored, Thief
- Survival Horror: Amnesia: The Dark Descent, SOMA
- Metroidvania: Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest
- 2D Platform Game: Super Mario World, Rayman Origins, Limbo, Inside
- 3D Platform Game: Sly 2, Jak and Daxter, Spyro the dragon, Spryo 2!!
- Straight Action:
- First-Person Shooter: Team Fortress 2, Halo 2, Halo Reach, Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2
- Fighting Game: Soulcalibur II
- Shoot 'em Up: Crimzon Clover: World Ignition
- Third-Person Shooter: Warframe
- Vehicular Combat: Jak-X
- Straight Adventure:
- Point-and-Click Game: Samorost 2 / 3
- Environmental Narrative Game (walking sim): The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dear Esther
- World Puzzle Game: Gravity Bone, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Miasmata, Grow Home
- Endless Runner: Tasty Static
- Party Game: Fusion Frenzy, Jackbox Party Pack
- Puzzle Game: Hexcells Infinite, Minesweeper
- Racing Game: Gran Turismo 3, MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
- Role-Playing Game: Deus Ex Human Revolution, Victor Vran
- Sports Game: SSX Tricky/On Tour, Curveball
- Strategy Game:
- Real-Time Strategy: Age of Empires 2
- Turn Based Strategy: Rebuild
- Tower Defense: Vector TD, Desktop TD, Onslaught 2
Message me if you want to talk about any of these!!